HP Inc. announced a new range of durable textiles certified for HP Latex printers to produce soft signage and décor applications, combining durability and outstanding print quality with the benefits of water-based HP Latex technology.
The new textiles from selected media vendors1 expand possibilities for durable HP Latex printing for soft signage applications, including backlit and front-lit banners, block-outs, backdrops, and Point of Purchase displays, with higher durability. These textiles also enable new home décor applications, such as curtains and blinds, cushions, lampshades, and bags, on materials made from 100% cotton, cotton linen or polyester. Some of the new textiles can also achieve washability with a heating process after printing.
“We continue to expand on HP’s promise to deliver new possibilities for HP Latex printers. New durable textiles for soft signage and décor open new growth opportunities with HP Latex water-based technology,” said Joan Pérez Pericot, General Manager, HP Large Format Graphics Business, HP Inc. “Unlike solvent-based printers, HP Latex technology can print on traditional signage substrates such as banners and vinyls, in addition to textiles, including uncoated substrates.”
New textile applications for HP Latex
At SGIA in booths 1029 and 1045, HP is presenting a textile showcase and printing on HP Latex printers, including the HP Latex 3600 Printer, winner of the 2017 SGIA Product of the Year Award in the Roll-to-Roll Solvent/Latex (over 80 inch) category. The HP Latex 3600 delivers high-volume printing and high monthly duty cycles, designed for PSPs needing long-run, uninterrupted printing.
Textile printing is also supported on the HP Latex 1500 Printer, a robust, affordable printing solution, delivering fast turnarounds, HP Latex 560 and 570 Printers, designed for medium-to-large PSPs with increasing print volumes, and for smaller volumes, on the HP Latex 365 Printer.
The new HP Latex 300 Print and Cut Solution, launched earlier this year, is also in its first SGIA demonstration after release earlier this year at ISA. The entry-level HP Latex 115 Printer and HP Latex 115 Print and Cut Solution, announced September 25, are now starting market release.
The dual-device HP Latex Print and Cut Solution allows printing and cutting simultaneously, delivering production time savings up to 50% versus solvent-based print and cut solutions.2
HP PrintOS for sign and display production
HP PrintOS is expanding for sign and display. PrintOS enables print shops to simplify and automate production of, signage and decoration applications.
The powerful apps running on the PrintOS platform bring cloud advantages, with low start-up costs, easy setup, and unlimited capacity. HP PrintOS apps available for sign and display printing include:
• Applications Center, offering easy access to HP Signage Suite for easy web-based design and ordering jobs for signage and décor, and HP WallArt Suite for decorative applications. HP WallArt Suite is updated to include cushions as a new application, in addition to wallcoverings, canvas, decoration, posters, and cushions.
• HP Media Solutions Locator, a fast and assured way to find certified media availability by region.
• HP Print Beat, providing visibility into press/printer performance for continuous improvement of print production operations
• HP Latex Mobile App, enabling unattended printing by getting printer alerts when you are not in front of the printer or even when you are out of the shop.
• HP PrintOS Box, a file exchange which simplifies print file receipt, content validation and routing to production.