Sign Essential Celebrates 30years
Sign Essentials is proud to be celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2021. From humble beginnings in the back of a garage north of Brisbane, Sign Essentials has grown to be one of Australia's leading industry suppliers. Now located in a modern 2,000 square metre warehouse and office complex in Geebung, the business has come a long way and there’s plenty more ahead!
The world has changed a lot in the last 30 years. At the beginning everything was done by phone, fax and in person, but now a lot of business is conducted through the Sign Essentials website, by email and by SMS. Importantly, the company makes sure to keep talking to customers as well! “We’d like to thank all our customers for the many years of support” says Helen Harding, Office Manager. “Whether they have been with us for the full 30 years, or they have met us more recently, we appreciate their business and hope to continue the relationships!”
Integral to Sign Essentials success is having the right people and placing them in the right roles. “Finding good people is critical to servicing our customers” says Sean Strange, General Manager. “We are very fortunate that a high proportion of our staff have been with the company for over 10 years. When we find good people, we like to hang onto them. However, with recent expansion we’ve also added some exciting new talent who we’re confident will develop and continue the Sign Essentials’ tradition of prioritising Customer Support”.
Supplier relationships have been vital to ensuring the company has the right products to offer and is also able to maintain ongoing support levels to end-users. Some of the key brands in the Sign Essentials portfolio include:
- Roland DG Printers and Cutters (Since 1992)
- SignLab Signmaking Software (Since 1992)
- Impact CNC Routers (Since 2011)
- Siser Heat Transfer Films (Since 2012)
- Impact CNC Lasers (since 2014)
- Grafityp Self Adhesive Films (Since 2016)
- Lamidesk Flatbed Applicators (Since 2015)
- iECHO Flatbed Cutters (Since 2017)
- Mimaki Printers and Cutters (Since 2018)
While 2021 marks a special milestone for Sign Essentials and a chance to look back on 30 years, it’s also important to keep moving forward. In the coming days, weeks and months a number of product upgrades and new models will be introduced. Some of the highlights include:
– the new Lamidesk SuperSpeed has been announced. The SuperSpeed will replace the popular EasyShift motorised model and features a variable-speed control and preset positions. These features will make application even faster and easier. SuperSpeed is due around October.
Impact CNC Routers
– VAS (Video Alignment System) and oscillating knife functions will soon be available as an optional add-on when purchasing the Thunder router. VAS will allow for fast, accurate print/cut registration by utilising a camera and advanced controller technology to align. The oscillating knife will enable operators to cut a wider range of materials including foam, cardboard, fabrics and more. Arriving in September.
Impact CNC Lasers
– The second-generation Lightning CO2 lasers have just arrived. They feature an enhanced bearing system and new lens holder system to improve performance, plus a number of design improvements to reduce the machine footprint. In stock now.
Along with the products above it would be expected that the likes of Roland DG and Mimaki will have new offerings in the later part of the year, although nothing is announced yet. As always, Sign Essentials will be at the forefront with those and is looking forward towards 2022 and beyond.